PeopleAbout OlivetMyOlivetParentsOC AthleticsBlog

Admissions & Aid Undergraduate Graduate Campus Life Athletics Alumni About Olivet My Olivet Parents

Transfer to Olivet College

Take a step in the right direction and transfer to Olivet College today!

Transfer Students


1. Complete your online application

2. Send/fax your high school transcript.

3. Send/fax your ACT/SAT scores.

4. Send/fax your official transcripts from the college you are attending or have attended in the past (regardless of how many semesters).

Please send these documents to:

Olivet College Admissions Office
320 S. Main St.
Olivet, MI 49076

Or Fax to: 269.749.6617


Schedule your visit today!

We reward your hard work and determination

Scholarship Opportunities

Olivet College wants to reward you for your hard work during both your high school and college/university careers. That's why we award our merit based scholarships on the highest GPA you have earned.


View Scholarship Opportunities


Questions about Financial Aid? Contact your Financial Aid Officer

Libby Jean
Director of Student Services
Works with students whose last name begins with I-P

Sarah Vanden Heuvel
Assistant Director of Student Services

Works with students whose last name begins with Q-Z

Maria Vanarman
Financial Aid Officer

Works with students whose last name begins with A-H

Michigan Transfer Agreement

1. Does Olivet College accept the MTA/MACRAO stamp? Is it required?

Yes, we accept the Michigan Transfer Agreement/MACRAO! Students with a MACRAO agreement satisfied and no degree will be considered as having completed the equivalent of our general education requirements for the Liberal Arts Core. Please check with your current college to view your MTA/MACRAO standing.

2. What is the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA)Michigan Transfer Agreement

The Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) was designed to facilitate the transfer of general education requirements from one institution to another. Students may complete the Michigan Transfer Agreement as part of an associate’s degree or as a stand-alone package at a Michigan community college.

3. What are the minimum requirements to receive the MTA?

To fulfill the Michigan Transfer Agreement, students must successfully complete at least 30 credits of courses in six defined areas with at least a grade of 2.0 in each course.  These credits are certified by the sending institution and a notation is placed on the sending institution’s transcript for the receiving college.  For more information regarding your MTA status, please contact your current institution. 


Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is the maximum number of semester hours that can be transferred to your institution to be used toward a Bachelor’s Degree?

Frequently Asked Questions

Olivet will accept up to 62 semester hours from a two-year institution and up to 90 semester hours from a four-year institution. We also accept a combination of semester hours from both two- and four-year institutions. 


2. What is minimum number of credit hours that I need to have in order to be eligible to apply as a transfer student?

We do not require a minimum number of credit hours in order to be eligible to transfer to Olivet College. We work with you one-on-one to transfer the maximum number of credits from your current institution.

3. What is the minimum GPA requirement for transfer student applicants?

A minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA is required to transfer to Olivet College. If you have attended more than one institution, we will calculate your GPA based on credits attempted and credits earned.

4. When is the application deadline for transfer students?

We have rolling admissions at Olivet College and you can apply for free online at any time. Fill out an application at at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester in which you plan to enroll.

5. What scholarships are available through your institution for new transfer students?

When it comes to our merit-based scholarships, we’ll accept either your high school or college grade point average to determine your transfer scholarship. Please see our scholarship tab for more information.

6. What classes do not transfer to Olivet College?

To be accepted, courses must be 100-level classes of higher and completed with a grade of 2.0 or higher. Olivet College does not accept pass/fail courses.  Technical, vocational or remedial (developmental) courses are not accepted as transfer credit.

Transfer Credits

Transfer Credits​If you are attending Jackson College, Kellogg Community College, or Lansing Community College, these guides below will help you determine which of your classes will transfer.


Jackson Community College Guide

Kellogg Community College Guide

Lansing Community College Guide


Meet Nicole Gilbert

After three semesters at Grand Valley State University, Nicole Gilbert was tired of feeling like just “another student,” and decided she needed to make a change. 

Nicole made the decision to transfer to Olivet College in the Spring of 2015 and never looked back. 

Read Nicole's story here

What should your major be?

Let us help you pick a major that aligns with your interests!

Start Here